August 12 2013 – New Open Records Request Spins Web Of Interlocking Documents and Threats of Criminal Action, Demand For Federal Relocation Funds To Relocate Slaughterhouse, and More
- May 12 2012 – Administrative Search Warrant Served May 2 2012 on 818 Pemberton Hill Road ( Actually 811 Pemberton Hill Road ) Property Owned And Leased By City of Dallas
- Current Lawsuit City of Dallas v David Jasso et al – Note Counterclaim Citing Demand For Federal Relocation Funds
Texas Horse Park Asbestos Final Report Released – August 1 2013
- Final Report Released August 1 2013
- Scope of Work For Asbestos Abatement – March 7 2013
- Dropped – City Files For Attorney General Opinion On Asbestos Contamination Records Already Produced
- Invoices For Asbestos Removal and Associated Costs
Special Alert – Texas Horse Park and City Attorneys On Intense Attack To Condemn and Seize Rhadames Solano Soccer Park For Reported SMU Facility – County Court File CC-13-00464-C
Apparently Cancelled – Military Honor Guard and City Council To Celebrate Texas Horse Park Dedication At Toxic Waste Site July 17 2013 – Carcass Pits and Carcinogenic Soil Cleanup Apparently Waived At Disabled Children Venue
Texas Horse Park Contamination Known For Months By Senior City Officials – No Word On Cleanup At Site For Children, Disabled Veterans, and Elderly
Photo: July 2012 City of Dallas Park Department Leasehold – Slaughter facility on Park property. City of Dallas Code Compliance and Municipal Court system have no record of any documents or investigations relating to the animal slaughter facility operating at 811 Pemberton Hill Road for years under a City of Dallas lease agreement.
New July 12 2013 – Open Records – Code Compliance – Municipal Courts – No Records
- Open Records on Code Compliance and Court Records at Animal Slaughter Operation and Toxic Dump at 811 Pemberton Hill Road
New June 21 2013 – Recently Discovered Development Maps – Pave Pemberton Spring Replay of Winfrey Point/Dallas Arboretum Battle
- Maps Showing RV Parking And Buildings Areas At Pemberton Spring With Parking Covering Native American Archaeological Site
Texas Horse Park Big Spring Site Re-Zoned For Hotel – Open Records Reveals High Levels Of Contamination At Site Of Facility For Disabled Children and Seniors – No Funding For Environmental Cleanup of Animal Slaughterhouse and Toxic Dump
Previous Headline – City Of Dallas Refuses To Produce American Indian Archaeology Report On Texas Horse Park – Bulldozers Set To Ravage 7000 Year Old Site
New – June 18 2013 – Zoning Changes For Texas Horse Park Property – Hotels and Shopping Venues Approved For Big Spring Native American Site
Golf Course Site Also Approved for 80 Cottages For Wealthy On City Park Land
- Zoning Land Use Statement – February 4 2013
- City Plan Commission – Planned Unit Development – March 21 2013
- City Plan Commission – Final Zoning Documents – April 4 2013 – Zoning For Hotels and Commercial Facilities on Park Land
- City Council Approval For Hotels and Shopping at Big Spring Indian Site
New – June 11 2013 – Texas Horse Park Toxic Waste Contamination Report
Editors’ Note: High levels of contamination were revealed in the latest Open Records as a result of an illegal toxic waste dump operating openly on City park land. No mention was made of open carcass pits remaining from the previous animal sacrifice facility openly operating under a Dallas Park Department lease at the site of the Texas Horse Park. In a report released to Save Pemberson’s Big Spring, the City estimates 30 working days to remove the toxic material and replace the mass of soil with new fill. The City currently has no record of any funding proposal or any bidding proposals for the toxic site remediation.
- Texas Horse Park Response Action Plan – Simpkins Site – Pemberton Tract – April 2013
- New – Texas Horse Park – Affected Property Assessment Report Addendum – April 2013
- New – Texas Horse Park Maps With Soil and Water Analysis Details
Photos: Native Indian artifacts excavated on or about January 21 2013 at the site of the Texas Horse Park/Progreso Farms site by GMI-Marine archaeologists hired by the City of Dallas. The site is set for bulldozers within days. Obtained under the Texas Open Records Act.
New – Texas Historical Commmission Open Records on Archaeological Site
City Council – Pacheco Koch Contract – Simpkins Site Remediation Survey
Texas Horse Park Open Records May 29 2013 II- Toxic Waste Site Remediation Simpkins Site TCEQ VCP No. 2210
Note: Voluminous records examined on June 5 2013, copies to be released shortly.
- Open Records Letter May 29 2013 – Examination of Records relating to Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) and Nitrite chemical contamination sites at Texas Horse Park
Texas Horse Park Open Records May 29 2013 I
- JQ Engineer Report – January 7 2013
- Texas Horse Park – Geotechnical Engineering Report – February 26 2013
- TCEQ Report – Simpkins Site – Voluntary Cleanup Program No 2210
- TCEQ Core Data Form – Simpkins Site – Pemberton Hill Road – Loop 12
- Geo-Marine Archaeological Investigation – Sam Houston Spring – Big Spring
- Terracon Proposal For Simpkins Site – Elam and South Loop Landfills
- Texas Horse Park Miscellaneous Records
- Pemberton Hill – Simpkins Site – Figure 1 – Site Plan
- Pemberton Hill – Simpkins Site – Figure 1A – Proposed VCP Area Map
- Pemberton Hill – Simpkins Site – Figure 2 – Site Plan and Sampling Locations
- Pemberton Hill – Simpkins Site – Figure 3 – Prior Investigation Information
- Pemberton Hill – Simpkins Site – Figure 4A – Soil Analytical Results
- Pemberton Hill – Simpkins Site – Figure 4B – Soil Analysis Results
- Pemberton Hill – Simpkins Site – Figure 5 – Groundwater Analytical Results
- Pemberton Hill – Simpkins Site – Figure 6 – Surface Water and Sediment Analytical Results
Bing Satellite Images
Note: Park Land Leased By Dallas Park and Recreation Board Animal Slaughterhouse Facility and Animal Waste Dump – Future Home of Texas Horse Park
- 811 Pemberton Road – Texas Horse Park – Progreso Farms
- 811 Pemberton Road – Zoom In with hundreds of visible livestock – Circa 2011-2012
- 811 Pemberton Road – Progreso Farms building and dump prior to City of Dallas demolition 2012
- November 30 2012 – Grow South Economic Development – Simpkins Site – TCEQ
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- May 15 2013 – Dallas City Council – Search “Simpkins” For Environmental Comments
- October 22 2008 – A Cleaner Healthier City Environment – Search “Simpkins”
Photos: Non-Classified Waste Materials in barrels at Texas Horse Park/Progreso Farms site at 811 Pemberton Road, Dallas, February 17, 2013.
Photos: Texas Horse Park, 811 Pemberton Hill Road, Dallas, Texas. Corporate address of Progreso Farms LLC and long-term reported livestock slaughterhouse on City of Dallas park property, and new home of the Texas Horse Park. Sign translation: borrego-lamb, marrano-pig, chivo-kid goat, becerro-calf.
May 18 2013 – The City of Dallas has restricted access to a Geo-Marine archaeological report described in a Dallas Park and Recreation Board briefing on May 16, 2013. Texas Horse Park Project Manager Don Burns described conclusions from the secret 2013 GMI report that minimized the impact of Texas Horse Park construction on the Native American site. Burns described hundreds of one meter excavations on the site he claimed to have been used for 7000 years by Native Americans.
In fact, a claim of hundreds of one meter excavations is clearly misleading. In 2009, GMI conducted an examination of an area north of the Texas Horse Park consisting of approximately 52 one foot diameter shovel holes. A subsequent 56 shovel tests were conducted in the area. (2009 GMI report at page 41). For clarification, none of the current Horse Park area was involved in the 2009 excavation.
The 2013 exploratory test holes are reported to have consisted of four excavations in preparation for a larger dig.
On May 17, 2013, the City of Dallas filed notice of the withholding of what is described as a “draft” document prepared by Geo-Marine. However, conclusions from this “draft” document were presented to the Park Board Planning and Design Subommittee by a City of Dallas official and the Subcommittee voted 3 for and 3 against the recommendation of a multi-million dollar construction contract.
A full vote of the Park Board approved the contract and City officials say construction will begin immediately. There is no evidence to confirm or deny that any Park Board member viewed the “draft” archaeological document prior to voting to ultimately destroy the 7000 year old American Indian site.
Two members of the full Park Board voted against the construction contract.
Editors’ Correction: One source insists that no GMI “draft” report exists. However, it appears some sort of progress report was issued by GMI. An Open Records Request to the Texas Historical Commission seeks a copy of this progress report.
- Texas Horse Park Archaeological Excavation Attorney General Opinion Request
- 2009 Geo-Marine Archaeology Report – Area North of Horse Park Site
May 14 2012 – The City of Dallas in a surprise move will fence an ancient American Indian spring site on Pemberton Hill Road near the site of the Texas Horse Park. An extensive American Indian encampment is also located at the site of the Texas Horse Parks south of the Big Spring. A formal report on the encampment is pending after the City commissioned an archaelogical dig by Brown Reynolds Watford Architects contractor GMI, but the City apparently decided to proceed with the demolition of the American Indian site prior to issuance of the curation and final report by GMI. In addition, the Horse Park site was reportedly the home of an alleged illegal dumping site as well as an alleged religious ritual animal slaughter site. There is no known record of any environmental reports relating to contamination of soils and environment addressing toxic waste dumping or animal slaughter.
- Texas Horse Park Construction Award
- American Indian Archaeological Resources Investigation and Curation Report Contract – Search “archaeological” and “curation”
- Facebook – Save Pemberton’s Big Spring – Trinity Forest
Related Court Records
- Special Alert – Texas Horse Park and City Attorneys On Intense Attack To Condemn and Seize Rhadames Solano Soccer Fields For Reported SMU Facility – County Court File CC-13-00464-C (savepembertonsbigspring.wordpress.com)